This blog is the begining of our adoption journey together. After four years of infertility we feel called to adopt a child into our home. This blog is dedicated to track and share our journey with our families, friends and community. Please feel free to share and ask questions! 1 Peter 4:10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Bittersweet Times


Well today was my last full time day at the surgical center. I am going to miss my phase 2 nursing buddies . Tomorrow starts a new chapter in my nursing career and I am a little nervous but mostly excited. I have never worked in an ICU but I am going to start this new journey with an optimistic outlook. The hospital I will be working at has a $2000 dollar adoption assistance policy that we are hoping to one day utilize. I will have to work at the hospital for 6 months at least to qualify for it. That being said our hope is to re-evaluate our financial circumstance in 6 months to see if we will send in our applications to the agencies to start the process.  I will make more money at this new job and I will also stay “as needed” at my old job at the surgical center. Again any monetary income is helpful to get us to a place to adopt. Our goal is to have as much of our debt as we have paid off and $10, 000-$15,000 saved up before we submit our application to the adoption agency. Patience is going to be difficult, but we are going to trust in God’s Plan and surrender ourselves to it. We wish to satisfy God above all! Please keep praying for us, the birthmother, the agency we will use, and our unborn baby.

Blessings! 

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment